What is an acne?
Acnes are the most common skin condition in teenagers or young adults during their puberty mostly or can be caused in any individual. Acne is chronic inflammatory that results in the growth of pimples in different body parts like on the face, neck, shoulders and hands. Blackheads, whiteheads, nodules, pimples, cysts are all different forms of acne.
How are acnes caused?
- The condition mainly occurs due to hormonal changes in both males and females where sebaceous glands produce oils and are stimulated by the hormonal secretions by the adrenaline gland.
- When the oil accumulates under the skin and the follicle is blocked, an acne is formed. It generally the sebum, skin tissue and hair clumped together.
- Genetics, stress, anxiety, climatic changes, use of oil based make-up products and menstrual cycles are the main reasons of the cause of acne.
Though not harmful and heals mostly by home remedies, acnes leave behind ugly marks and spots. Among many other medical ways of treating acne and scars, laser treatment has shown utmost results by removing acne scars perfectly.
Working of the laser skin treatment
The laser therapy made it appearance first in around the 1980s and since then has been developing since to produce the best and ultimate results. Lasers basically produce intense monochromatic light with the help the of which dermatologists eliminate various substances under the depths of the skin. Laser and Intense Pulsed Light is a new technique of removing acne scars by using pulsed laser in about four to six sittings. The process is quick, simple and non-invasive. This process of removing scars and blemishes from the skin by the laser treatment is popularly known as photothermolysis.
Pros of acne laser skin treatment
- One of the major advantages of acne laser treatment is that it does not involve any kind of loss of blood unlike primitive treatments, removing chances of infections.
- Laser skin treatment for removing scars is much reliable and safer than procedures that include the use of chemical peels and acids or powerful surgical lasers.
- A laser treatment not only removes scars but also helps to brighten the skin tone by curing the sun damaged skin tissues.
- A laser treatment restores an even texture on the skin and makes it feel more fresh and replenished.
Few important things to be noted before undergoing a laser treatment
- One must consult a dermatologist before undergoing a acne scar removal laser treatment. It is necessary to consult a doctor to make sure your skin type is suited to respond positively to the treatment. Also, different skin types need different intensity of the ligh to bet used.
- It is necessary to have complete knowledge regarding the type of treatment to be undertaken, number of sessions required and cost of the entire procedure.
- A patient having undergone a laser treatment is advised to avoid the sun and protect it using a sunscreen.
So get a scar free look at our clinic under the observation of experienced dermatologists with the extra benefit of a rejuvenated skin.