Do you want your skin to look years younger? Yes, you can obviously do that and it’s not any miracle. This can be easily done with the help of the facelift procedure. The facelift can boost your confidence in your own self and make you look beautiful, elegant and young. So if you want to get rid of that sagging on your face, facelift can be a really good option.
How is Facelift Done?
Facelift is done is a number of steps and those steps are outlined below.
- The first step of the facelift procedure is administering anesthesia. The type of anesthesia given usually varies. It can be a general anesthesia or a mild one given along with sedatives.
- The second step of the facelift procedure involves the incisions. The incisions involved in the procedure of traditional facelift begin at the temple region of the forehead just where the hairline is and continues to the back of the ear and ends at the position of the lower scalp. The fat that is present in the face is also redistributed to improve the appearance of the face and sometimes the tissues underlying the face are also repositioned. This will give you an enhanced look and any excess skin will be trimmed away.
- After all this is done, the incisions are all securely closed. They are closed with the help of sutures, or even glue or staples.
- For a few days, sterile gauze will be used to wrap your face but with time, the surgical areas will heal and you will be in love with the results.
Who Can Undergo Facelift?
Whether you can undergo facelift or not is determined by a number of factors like –
- The flexibility and elasticity of a person’s skin is one of the major criteria to check before doing the facelift. This is because during facelift, the skin is stretched to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. When the skin has greater elasticity, it will be easily able to adapt to its new position.
- A candidate for facelift must not have so high expectations which cannot be fulfilled. You must only expect within a limit when it comes to cosmetic procedures. When you expect too much, it usually ends in disappointment.
- A candidate should have a good and strong bone structure as it will give the face the required support for the surgery to take place successfully.
- The candidate must also be healthy and not suffering from any pre-existing conditions that can hamper with the facelift procedure.
Facelifts can also be done along with other cosmetic procedures for an enhanced look. Some people go for facial implants along with facelifts so that they get a better contour. If you have too many wrinkles you can also opt for various fillers. But facelift itself can give you a completely changed look from what you had before. Facelift can also reduce the appearance of loose folds of skin near the neck which reflects initial stage of double chin. So, with the help of facelift, you can enjoy your youthful skin once again.