If you have any defects in your oral or facial region, you can always opt for maxillofacial reconstruction to correct those defects. The reconstruction surgery of the maxillofacial region includes a wide number of procedures under it all of which aim only at one thing and that is to correct the defects or enhance the structures of soft and hard tissue in your maxillofacial region. Traumatic injuries or ablative tumor surgeries often lead to conditions that require a reconstructive surgery. These surgeries can restore your cosmetic and functional deficit.
Why Should You Undergo Maxillofacial Reconstruction?
The procedure for a maxillofacial reconstruction is minimally invasive and can provide you maximum comfort. There are many reasons or situations in which you can opt for maxillofacial reconstruction some of which are listed below:
- Jaw Deformities: Some people are born with jaw deformities in which there is an uneven growth of jaws. Simple acts of chewing and even talking can become problematic with jaw deformities but all these can be treated with a reconstruction surgery of the maxillofacial region. The proper balance of jaws is restored after the surgery.
- Cleft Lip and Palate: Cleft lip and palate condition also results during the fetal development when there is an uneven development of mouth and nasal cavities. This results in abnormalities or inability in speaking, chewing food and something even hearing properly becomes difficult. With several stages of maxillofacial reconstruction, we can treat the condition of cleft lip and palate so that the person can resume his or her day to day activities.
- Injuries: If you meet with an accident and develop some injuries in your maxillofacial region which leads to certain abnormalities, then you can opt for reconstructive maxillofacial surgery to get back your lost balance of face and enhance your aesthetic appeal.
What are the Benefits of Reconstructive Maxillofacial Surgery?
A reconstructive maxillofacial surgery has many benefits and they are listed below:
- Enhanced Aesthetics: One of the major reasons of opting for a reconstructive maxillofacial surgery is to get enhanced aesthetics. Any deformity that you have can be corrected and you will get a better outlook. You can feel confident about yourself and get back your lost self-esteem.
- Better Chewing: Several deformities like misaligned jaws lead to problems with chewing food. But when these deformities are corrected, eating food will become a lot easier.
- Proper Speech: Deformities also lead to slurry speech. This is more important in children who have birth defects. They often fail to pronounce words properly. But with a reconstructive maxillofacial surgery at our clinic, your child can learn to speak fluently without any difficulty.
- Treating Joint Pains: Misaligned jaws often lead to tremendous pain in the jaws. Some people have a tendency to keep their mouth open at all times due to the misalignment. This often leads to a strain in their teeth. But a reconstructive surgery can solve the problem.
So, if you have any kind of birth defect or deformity in your maxillofacial region, our clinic can provide you the best reconstructive maxillofacial surgery that will enhance your aesthetic appearance and make your perform all the day-to-day activities with ease.